Antique Safes/Diebold Safe & Lock Co

Question
Safe
Safe  

safe
safe  
I am looking to find the value of a Diebold Safe & Lock Co Vault door and Frame. It is in a building that use to be a bank. It is still intact in the building with door and frame. It is at least 6' in height. I have attached photos.
Thank you

Answer
Kim,

I will need to see some better photos, however the bad news is that, generally vault doors that are "STILL" in stalled, have no value, or a negative value.   The reason being, the cost to remove it and clean it so that it is ready for sale.

Depending on how the door was installed in the wall, it could easily cost $3000 to $10,000 to have it removed and cleaned - SAFETLY, and without damage!

Another negative the buyer has to contend with, when comtemplating buying a used vault door is Freight and installation.   Total of all the various costs can make all but the least squeamish run for cover.

In order to answer specific questions, identify, evaluate or appraise your door, I'm going to need photos.  They should include full exterior and interior.  Detail photos should include pictures of the dial, handles, hinges, artwork, locks, bolt work, and any special details or damage.  Note:  You may have to remove the back panel on the door to gain access to the lock & bolt work – I will need these pics.

If you have a particular detail that you have a question about, I will need a photo of it along with your question.

I will also need to see any documentation that you have in regards to your door.  If your door has a unique historical perspective, you should be able to document this with letters, newspaper articles or photos, if not it is simply a story and will have no bearing on the value of your door, and infact removing it from the building may reduce its historical significance.

Please use as high a resolution as possible so that I can examine details of your door.  Pictures which are low resolution, out of focus, or from a distance don’t help when we try to evaluate the container.  Note:  with higher resolution, you may only be able to send 2-4 pictures per email, depending on the size of the file, I have a 10mb limit per email.  If photos are larger than 2mb each, you may only be able to send 2 or 3 photos per email, requiring several emails.

Please don’t send me “cell phone” photos.   Also, please don’t use on line photo drops as most of these also don’t allow me to easily access the photos for examination.   Send the pics directly to me, while this may be more work for you, it will make my job easier.

Please send all of the requested photos to:  andy@securitysafeusa.com

Note:  As I am in the field several days each week, covering a huge service area, I may not get back to your photos immediately, but I will respond as soon as I get an opportunity.  Due to field work, emails may tend to get backed up which means I may not answer them immediately.

Our informal evaluation is at no charge, however if you feel you need a formal evaluation or appraisal for insurance, estate sales, donations for tax write offs, or to establish it as an antique, there is an administrative fee for this service.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)