Antique Safes/Old Safe Lost Combination

My Safe
My Safe  
I was recently purchased an old safe at an auction at one time the safe was open but after being moved was locked and I am unaware of the combinatin.  Is there any way to find the combination other than having a lock smith come in and open it for me or destroying the safe. I am unaware of the make of he safe but it has only a dial on the door, I believe it is a cast iron safe and I know the door is filled with some sort of concrete mix. Measurements of 17"x18"x24 without measuring the wheels and although I am unaware of the make it says Patent Pending 4321

Brock, unfortunately those are pretty much your options, actually option as destroying the safe to get the combination doesn't make too much sense.  There were very few makers of that era, latter 1800's into early 1900's, that had a dial without a bolt work handle, so IDing the safe brand should be possible with some better pictures.  There is a reasonably good chance it can manipulated open, but not that many safe techs are really proficient in that method. Where are you located?  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place