Antique Safes/Your safe

Question
QUESTION: Hello Andy, I have been reading some of your answers on here. I understand that you have 2 jewelers chests on your personal collection. I have a great interest in jewelers  chests. Would you send me some pictures of your chests? Thank you

ANSWER: Jack,

My jewelers chests are not for sale, so I'm unclear of what you are looking for.   Are you looking to purchase one, or do you simply have questions concerning them?????

QUESTION: I was just wondering if I could see some pictures. I realize they are not for sale. I'm just curious as to what they are. A few pictures and a description- such as brand, size, weight, any info. Just curious.

ANSWER: You will have to send me an email request, directly to me at:  andy@securitysafeusa.com

I have numerous photos of various safes, so if you have something particular that you are looking for, I'll see what I can do.

As far as weights, or models or basic info, as these chests were NOT sold as stand alone units, manufacturers didn't include basic information in any catalogs.   Sizes can go from fairly small, about 1 cubic ft, to fairly large covering 1/2 the interior of a really large safe.   Size would depend on the manufacturer, what the client wanted, model or size of the exterior safe, etc.

While you could buy an off the shelf production model, special orders were very much the norm, especially after completion of the "Transcontinental Railroad" in 1869.   It became MUCH easier to ship safes accross country, in a much shorter period.

Please be specific with your requests, and not just a random - photos of jewelry chests.

QUESTION: I wanted to see pictures of the chests in YOUR collection. And info on YOUR chests. Just curious about the ones that you have.  (NOT YELLING AT YOU)

Answer
Jack,

No problem, I'll still need you to send a request to me, at my email, as I can't attach photos here.   Also this site, wipes all of your personal info and/or email address.   This is basically just a question and answer site.    Sorry, not my site - I'm just a volunteer here.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)