Antique Safes/safe cabnet laboratories

I have a old five drawer fire cabinet. its missing the larches that lock the other four drawer. any idea where i might get the parts

As this company has been out of business since 1955, unless you find another similar unit to use as a "donor" container, to salvage parts from, you are probably out of luck.

One possible company that you might check is called "Turn-10 Wholesale".    Basic History - in 1926 Rand-Karkex purchased (acquired) several companies including Remington Typewriters, The Safe Cabinet Company and Victor Safe & Lock Company.   The Rand-Kardex name became Remington-Rand.   All of the safe making facilities were located in Marietta, Oh (home of The Safe Cabinet Company).    Safes and Fire files manufactured out of this facility under several names, including:   Remington-Rand, Safe Cabinet Laboratories, Victor Equipment Company, Phoenix Safes.
In 1955, Remington-Rand and all of the subsidiary names were acquired by the Sperry Corporation.   With the new name becoming "Sperry-Rand".   Safe manufacturing was discontinued with the exception of Fire resistive file cabinets and similar equipment, which was still manufactured under the Victor name, out of the Marietta, Ohio facility until 1987 when it was acquired by “Turn-10 Wholesale”.  Items manufactured with the Victor label are now made by FireKing International for Turn-10 Wholesale.

350 Mill Creek Rd
Marietta, OH 45750
Phone: (740) 374-5734
Fax: (740) 374-3322

I'm not sure how good these numbers are as I haven't talked to them since last year, however as most of the equipment made by Remington-Rand was all identical equipment, including Victors and Safe Cabinet Laboratories cabinets,  any latches and/or handle pulls, etc may be similar also.   If they don't have anything that will work, you aren't any worse off than you are now.

WARNING:   If you decide not to fix the container and dispose of it, there is a strong possibility that it contains asbestos as an insulation medium, and IS considered a HAZMAT item.   Laws pertaining to HAZMAT and particularly Asbestos for sales, transporting or disposing are fairly strict.   Failure to comply could result in some really hefty penalties.   If you elect to dispose of it, have the insulation material tested to determine if your container has asbestos in the insulation.   If it does you will need to follow what ever rules are in your state for the disposal of this material.

hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada