Antique Safes/Schwab safe

High i have a small schwab safe here and was wondering what the value is and how old it is. The serial number is 11382 and it is rated for 1700 degrees F. Thank you very much for your time.

Cody, that little fire box isn't worth very much, say $50-100, unless you happen to have a fire and then it could be worth a whole lot more if your important papers are inside it.  If the dial is original, post WWII.  It looks like the ones sold when I started in the 1970's.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place