Antique Safes/Baby pittsburg

Great info on the safe! Much older than I thought. My only other questions would be do you have any idea what it would cost to have them open the safe and when they open it would I be able to use the safe still or does it become just a decorater piece. Also do u have any idea the value of the safe in its current condition? And how would I ever go about selling it if it was worth anything. It's a family piece so I highly doubt I would but still curious and would like to know. Possibly somewhere in maryland that would buy it or would open it

If the safe is currently locked up with an unknown combination, then it basically has a negative value (the cost to open and repair).   After you have it opened, I would be happy to look at it, to evaluate it for you.

As far as opening the safe, it should cost between $350 to $500 to open AND repair it.   Prices vary depending on where you are located and who works on it.   Because there are no parts available for your safe, whom ever opens it, should do so, with the least amount of repairable damage.   Generally if they can't manipulate the lock open, a small hole, less than 1/4", stratigically placed, should be all that is required.

Costs should be straight forward, and should should no exactly what to expect and what to pay BEFORE they start work.

As far as selling it, proceed as you would for any item.   ebay, craigslist, local ads, flyers, etc.

If you would like me to refer you to someone, you will have to be more specific about where you and the safe are located, zipcode is fine.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada