Antique Safes/enheriated safe

Question
Safe Dimensions
Safe Dimensions  

Safe#1
Safe#1  
Here are some pictures of the safe and dimensions.  I want to know something about it and if it is worth keeping.  The picture of the inside working on the door has a white residue.  Don't know what it is.  Looks powdery, almost like wallboard material.

Answer
Jim, selling it isn't likely to bring much so you may be better off to keep it.  Do you have anything at home you would like to protect from fire and/or burglary.  The money you would get for it wouldn't buy anything close to that size.  The powder may well be gypsum or may contain asbestos. Personally I don't worry about the dust too much myself but you can have it checked out if it concerns you.  Apparently there are test kits available.  Usually the dust comes out at the bottom of the door which could be sealed with silicone.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen