Antique Safes/No combination for my 1890 Cary safe

marKeith wrote at 2015-12-26 23:01:31
Hi I recently purchased a building constructed in 1910 with a double door Cary Safe hidden under the paneled over stairway in 1987. The door is locked, but the combination appeared to have been entered with the dial now only moveable about the distance of 5-10 digits. The two handles on the doors move about a one-eighth turn to the center. I can hear and feel things moving, but the doors do not open. The Serial Number on the handle is 92675 if I am reading it correctly. I will photograph this and enlarge it so that the number is clear. The owner of the Jewelry store that had the safe and his daughter have passed away. The grandson does not know the combination. I got the date of the safe being sealed behind the paneling from a Pepsi Cola Can dated 1987 that was sitting on the top of the safe when i unsealed the space. The name of the safe company was painted over, but the words can still be made out looking at the surface at an angle. The name of the Jeweler was written on the frame above the door - EARL RHODES.

/Users/markkeithbalser-dietzer/Pictures/THE DIGITAL arts centre @elwood/Earl Rhodes Safe.02DSCN0825.jpg

I tried to add a photo but was unsuccessful.

marKeith  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)