Antique Safes/Identity of an upright safe

Question
8 compartment safe
8 compartment safe  

lock
lock  
My cousin has a safe that he would like to know any information about.  It probably will not fit into an antique catagory but I feel you are someone that may be able to identify it for him.    It has 8 compartments all 8"x7" high-22" deep, with Sargent & Greenleaf locks on the doors.  It has handles and 2 staionary casters and 2 swivel casters with 1 lockdown. It is 19 1/2" wide, 37" high, and 22 1/2" deep. I am enclosing a few pictures of it.  Please try to give him any information on it. Only 2 images allowed, I have one of the back of the lock with Group 2 NO. 453945 tag. It is just a hobby to him, a collector of locks and things.  
Thankyou so very much for your time.  JK

Answer
Janet,

This isn't actually a "safe", it is simply an interior cabinet with multiple compartments.   Businesses like banks, etc. have units like this built where they may have multiple employees who need to secure items like cash, weapons, narcotics, etc., available for use, but under lock, so that only the person assigned to that compartment can open it.   These containers are usually inside of an actual safe.   The fact that it is on castors would indicate that someone has possibly modified it for another purpose.  Containers with castors aren't generally "SAFE" if they can simply be rolled away.

As far as the locks, these are simply standard, group 2, locks.   These locks aren't the high security locks, but do offer the standard 1,000,000 possible combinations.

While this container does make an interesting storage cabinet for someone, it offers no real security, and has no value as far as fire or burglary resistance.

What other questions do you have???

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)