Antique Safes/Mosler Safe no combination

Question
Mosler Safe
Mosler Safe  

Name Plate
Name Plate  
Terry
I was wondering if you can give me some help on opening this safe. It has been in our inventory for a long time and the combination has been lost. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated. If you need anything else off the safe please let me know. Thank you

Barry

Answer
Barry,

I'm not sure what information that you are looking for as there are no records of any combinations from the factory.   Manufacturers NEVER published information like this for obvious security and/or liability reasons.   As Mosler has been out of business for over 12 years, contacting them for a records search is also out of the question.

Basically your options are to try all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations that may be set on this lock, or have a safe tech from a local safe company open it and either recover or reset the combination for you.

The dialing sequence for the lock should be:

4 times left to the first number,
3 times Right to the second number,
2 times left to the third number,
1 time right until the dial stops (around 80)    Turn handle.

NOTE:   Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   Do not count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.   You might also try RLRL as Mosler did use some locks that dialed this direction.

sorry, there isn't more info available, but if the combo's were on the web, your safe really wouldn't be safe, now would it?

I never recommend using locksmiths for safe work.   if you don't have a local safe company with a trained safe technician, then let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I know in your area.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)