Antique Safes/Pacific Coast Bank & Vault

Pacific Coast Safe
Pacific Coast Safe  

Pacific Coast Safe
Pacific Coast Safe  
I have a Pacific Coast safe. Have hit all dead ends on my search. Can you help. I found the original emblems under four coats of paint. Have stopped there.
H 35 1/2
W 25 1/4
D 23 3/4
Panama Dial
Weight Appr. 700 lbs

Any info you can provide would be great. Year, make,etc. Worth.
I have many more photos if it is required.
Thank you for your time.

Tonya, If you do a search on here as I just did you will find very little.  I see only a couple prior postings, one of which was directed to me.  And there you won't find much help from me.  However it really doesn't matter much as the only real increase in value to safes of this vintage (late 1800's-early 1900's) is if you invest money into it as a restoration project.  As it sits it is only worth a few hundred dollars.   A little too big for an end table and too small for rifles, but it is still usable for something.  Sorry I can't help more.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place