Antique Safes/Pre World War One York Safe

Question
My father thought it was great when his lodge retired their old safe and gave it to him. It is a monster York Safe and Lock company double door safe with acorn nut caps which appear to be cast steel. We have the combination but unfortunately my dad passed away from brain cancer and there is no on left who really knows how to actually open the safe. The dial has a star for the starting point and the dial actually has no zero it goes from 100 to five etc. My dad did have me open the safe years back but I just thought I'd never need to know and paid little attention to the exact method. I can not find any info on which way the handles turn in or out and am finding it difficult to find anyone who know how to open this safe without destroying it. I would appreciate any ideas you may have.

Answer
Tracy, if you are positive that you have the correct numbers and in the correct order, opening the safe should not be a problem.  Otherwise you will need to hire a professional to help you get it open. And finding a professional in Virginia should not be that big a problem.  Email me directly at macslocks at gmail dot com and I will help you sort this out.  Do not post any more info on here as this is a public forum.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen