Antique Safes/Reliable safe

Question
i have inquired a old Reliable safe from a old home the safe numbers where wrote down in the closet they where like this 92
         29
         49
         41
when i go to 92 i am not sure how many turns i should make and should i go right or left (i have tired both ways) my zip code is 37640 do you know who i can turn to.  Thanks Danny

Answer
Danny,

The dialing sequence for your lock is:

4 times left to the first number, (92)
3 times right to the second number, (29)
2 times left to the third number, 49
1 time right until the dial stops - turn handle to retract bolt work.

Note:   left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   DO NOT count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.   For instance if your first number is 92, you would turn the dial counter clockwise (left) stopping the fourth time the number 92 arrives at the index mark.

If you can't get it to work, you may want to contact a local safe company to have them check it out.

there are quite a few small lock and safe companies within about 100 miles of you, none of whom I know or would recommend at this time.   the closest companies that I would recommend would be from up around Nicholasville or Lexington, KY  or possibly Raleigh, NC.

Sorry, I don't have anybody closer to recommend.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)