Antique Safes/Antique floor safe

Question
Floor Safe
Floor Safe  

Name on Safe
Name on Safe  
We are remodeling our 1873 San Francisco Victorian.  The safe came with the house. I had it opened once, before I lost the combination. The interior is in pristine condition. Lots of drawers. I believe it is called a document safe.

I would enjoy knowing more about the safe. Unfortunately we will not be able to keep the safe once the house remodeling is finished.
Thank you in advance.
Cari

Answer
Cari, other than it is a Mosler fire safe from around the 1920's, there's not a whole lot to tell.  Mosler was originally from Cincinnati,OH, but moved to Hamilton, OH before your safe was made.  During the 1900's Mosler was to become, like Diebold, an industry giant, but failed at the end of the century.  The safe has no scrap value but it is still a very useable safe, giving both some fire and and burglary protection.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen