Antique Safes/Chatwood safe

Question
Safe
Safe  

Safe
Safe  
Hi Tom,

I currently became the owner of an Chatwood safe, maybe you can tell me more about the safe according too: age, quality, and value?
It's not that i want to sell it but i'm just very interested, i can't find out more about it's history on the Internet.
I assume that it's from around 1956 because Chatwood than merged whit Milner and probably from that moment on only made a safe whit a Chatwood-Milner sign on it.
It's an Chatwood's patent London safe, size 56cm x 56cm x 76cm, weight about 250-300kg.

I,m looking forward to your respond.

Greetings,

Paul.

Answer
This heavy safe is probably about 1900. It is a basic model but still good after all these years. You are not likely to get an insurance rating for it and there is no collectable value apart from 25 maybe on ebay for the handle and escutcheon.
It would make a very useful homesafe but you would probably have to pay to have it taken away
Regards
Tom

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon