Antique Safes/Lost Combination

I have an old safe it says Safe Manufacturers National Association
It has a Top part and a bottom part.  I have the Combo for the Bottom but I lost the Combo for the Top Part.  
It has :
Spec B1  10y461 65
SMNA Group 3
CAT No 125NF or could be 125NE

Is there a way to get the Combination to the Top Part?

The "Safe Manufacturers National Association" was a testing agency only and NOT a safe manufacturer.   They quit testing safes in the early 1960's.    As this safe is over 50 years old, chances of finding an original combination are pretty slim, which means that your options are limited.

You can either try all of the possible combinations for your lock.   With 1,000,000 possible combinations, it could easily take you over 5 years to test them all.

Your other option would be to have a safe technician from a local safe company open, repair and recover or reset the combination for you.   Cost to open and repair your safe should run around $500.    As this container is "obsolete", parts are probably not available which means that the safe needs to be opened with as little damage as possible to avoid having to try to find parts.

I recommend that you contact a local safe company to have their safe technician open your safe.   I never recommend using locksmiths as they generally don't have the training, knowledge or tools to work on safes without causing excessive damage.

Sorry there isn't a better answer.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada