Antique Safes/bahmann & co. safe

Question
safe
safe  
QUESTION: We Have A Safe We Would Like To Know The value Of. It Is A Bahmann & Co. Safe.

ANSWER: Hi Elizabeth, I would like to help you but this one picture isn't quite enough to determine a general value.  It is a Mosler Bahmann & Co. safe from the latter 1800's with original paint.  How big, how well it works and the interior are several factors that influence it's value.  Help me help you, more pics.  Doug

1st pic
1st pic  

2nd pic
2nd pic  
QUESTION: I Have One Other Pic...We Are Just Looking For A General Idea Of What These Safes Are Worth..It Is In Good Shape And Opens, It Was Found In An Old Mercantile Store Back A Long Time Ago And It Belonged To The Older Couple That Built Our Home In The 1940's. It Is Extremly Heavy So We Cant Move It Around For Many Good Pics, It Is At The Back Of Our Storage Building At Our Home. ThanKs.

Answer
Safe restoration has become somewhat popular today and your safe is a good candidate as it is well over 100 years old, not overly large, has the roping trim and the original paint to work with.  To someone looking to restore, I would say your safe is worth at least $500 if not more.  Hope this helps.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen