Antique Safes/Bank Vault Door Removal

Question
Door and Frame Exterior
Door and Frame Exterio  

Combination  Lock
Combination Lock  
I am working on repurposing a commercial space in Little Rock, AR. The previous tenant was a Bank of America cash sorting facility. It has an Inter Innovation LeFebure vault door that we would like to remove (and sell if possible, though I have read your other replies on these subjects). The door is Class 2 rated and final inspection was done in April 1997. The door is approximately 35"x77". We had a Diebold technician come out and reset the combination for us so that it wouldn't get accidentally locked.

1. Is there a company in the Little Rock area you would recommend for removal?

2. For a vault installation of that date, would the walls likely be precast or poured in place? How could I tell? And would vault demolition also require a recommended specialist?

3. If we were to have this removed and maintain all parts in existing condition, could you give an estimate of the value? I understand there is not necessarily a great market for these, but I am consigning for the landlord and I need to make sure we are being realistic.

I have more images but I don't know if the more detailed ones are prudent to publish in the public domain if this were to be resold.

Answer
Sam,

First problem is that you are asking for pricing or estimates of value for a unique item in an area where there may not be a great call for used doors.   While I can give you some values for "MY" area (northern California),  prices and values depend on how far a safe company may have to travel to your location, and what is necessary to remove the door.   It the door is grouted in place, it may require a concrete cutting company (or equipment) to "cut" the door out of the wall.
As far as the walls, this would depend on whether the bank had owned or leased the property when the vault was originally built.   Banks who owned property were more likely to have solid, poured walls, than modular construction, which is generally reserved for installations that may not last long (building rentals, etc.)
An easy way to tell would be to check the building plans at the local county offices as regardless of the type of vault it would have had to be cleared for permits etc.

Probably the nearest companies that I would recommend your contacting to get some actual numbers or estimates for removal of the door and/or the vault would be:

Rolland Safe & Lock Company
3140 Towerwood Dr,
Dallas, TX 75234
972-243-3711
www.rlsc.net

or

Underwood Safe & Vault Inc.
RR. 2 Box 16
Broken Bow, OK 74728
ph: 800-642-8763
underwoodsafe@yahoo.com

Both of these companies are about the same distance from central Arkansas, but one might be slightly closer than the other depending on where you area actually located.

As far as the photos, you haven't provided anything that is a security nature, and/or isn't already available on the internet.

Hope this helps, but I'm sure that you understand why I would rather have you actually contact a company that WILL be doing the work rather than simply throwing out numbers that are unrealistic because of nature of the work and distance (separation) between my work area, and this job site.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)