Antique Safes/Miller safe

Baltimore fire proof safe - miller safe company
Number on plunger that pulls out on front is 1266.
Is there anything to fit series of holes on plunger to make safe lock work? It is open and can be closed but does not lock.
Is there any one in the area of King NC  27021 to work on this to make it function.
I have more photos if needed. Also is there any information I can send you to help with this?

I was able to find photos of a similar safe in my collection, showing the key that fits into the slot.   The key has holes of varying depths, which would activate the lock pins, which push against the lock levers.   If these holes are to the correct depth (matching the pins and levers), the lock will be in alignment and unlock or lock.    Unfortunately, there are no records which indicate whether the #1266 was simply a safe serial number or a key serial number, so any "key" will have to be hand made to fit the lock on your safe.
I wish you were closer as this is the type of work that I love doing.   Hopefully one of the companies I've indicated will be able to help.   If they need a photo of the key let me know.

I would need to see photos of the lock area, to see what you are trying to describe, to offer any solutions.

You can send these photos to me at:

My first recommendation for a safe tech to work on your safe would be:

Talton Safes,         Though Ray is around 100 miles away, he knows antique safes and would be a good choice.
919-779-3545          Ray Talton
5944 Fayetteville Rd
Raleigh, NC   27603

Closer would be:

Tarheel Lock & Safe   About 50 miles away
412 West Ketchie Street
China Grove, NC  28023

Next would be:

Dowless Safe & Lock Repair     about 120 miles
910-425-7619          Downey Dowless Jr
3705 Floyd Dr
Hope Mills, NC  28348

Send me the photos of the lock and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada