Antique Safes/Milners safe

Hello,  I have a shop in Aberdeen. Previously a bank.  I save a huge walled in milners safe.  Is there someone who takes such things out ,  and if not  someone who can get into it:  I have No Keys.   ANY  information and practical advice will be greatly  and wholeheartedly appreciated.

Hi Franca,

My apologies for taking a while to get back to you.  Our engineering section feel that travel to Aberdeen would add substantially to the cost and you could probably find someone nearer to assist you.  My best advice is to try contacting Kenny Gomez of Safes International Safes International (Scotland) Ltd Reliance House, 228/236 Nuneaton Street Glasgow G40 3DX -  Tel: 0141 554 1170. They are a well-known and long established company.  They are also members of Eurosafe UK, the association of leading safe manufacturers, distributors and importers.  I have copied this email to him so he will expect your call.

I tried to email you on the address you gave me but it bounced.

Best regards,

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy
Tel: 07552 590739

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer

I earn my living identifying safes and suggesting cash limits for risk advisors and insurance surveyors in the UK. I'm am pleased to comment on safes manufactured in the UK or Mainland Europe but I am unable to accept questions regarding safes made in the USA or elsewhere.

I have been in the UK safe industry for 40 years and have one of the largest archive databases of old safe literature and serial numbers in the country. I started with Chubb in 1960 and became Assistant Manager of their Bank Security Division before moving on to become the Insurance Liaison Manager with the John Tann Group. I became Sales & Marketing Director for Guardian Safes Limited before semi-retiring. I am a Fellow of the Security Institute and ex-Chairman of Eurosafe UK, a trade body representing the interests of UK safe makers and distributors. I now work as a part time consultant.

I am an advisor to the Safe Committee of the Association of Insurance Surveyors, a Fellow of the Security Institute and founding Chairman of Eurosafe UK.

I have had literally scores of articles published in various security trade publications. So far this year I have had 24 features published in various journals including Keyways, Professional Security, Pawnbroker and Safe India. I have published one book, Peckham Boy, the life and times of the world's greatest safe cracker.

No relevant educational credentials.

In 1997 I was awarded the annual shield by the Association of Insurance Surveyors for "..outstanding services to crime prevention"

I have represented or been an agent for the John Tann Group (Stratford, Ratner, Dreadnought and Tann safes); Churchill Safes, Chubb Safe Co Ltd, SLS Safes, SMP Safes, Dudley Safes and several others