Antique Safes/Monster Milner

Question
I've just made an impulse purchase on something I know nothing about, it's a twin door milners safe about 6' high 4' wide and 2' deep green in colour 1 lock 2 handles with shelves and 2 internal lockable draws. It looks to be in grate order about from paint work, I'm intending to re paint and adapt the inside to be used as a gun cabinet. I would be very gratefull for any advice or history, il leave it as it is if its something special. I paid 400 for it, not sure if that was over the odds but I'm happy with it. Many thanks in advance....... James

Answer
Hello James,

Good to hear someone excited about an old Milner's safe.  I am sure I can tell you quite a lot about it but Milner's made hundreds of different models so I would need a couple of pictures to be able to advise you further.  One should show the entire front of the safe with the doors closed and the other should show the doors open to reveal the bolt-work and door thickness.  If it is easier you can send them directly to info@mikepalmerconsultancy.co.uk

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer