Antique Safes/Mosler Safe

Question
Mosler Safe
Mosler Safe  
I am trying to open an antique Mosler Safe.  The outer doors are open but don't know what key that is needed to open the interior doors.

Answer
Kevin,

I'm not sure what you are asking???   "What key is needed to open the interior doors"?

Obviously the key to the lock would be needed.   So I assume that you would be looking for a "type".

Chances are it is a "Flat" type key, which was very general for this type of lock.   if you don't have a key to this lock, you will need either a locksmith or a safe technician to open the lock and/or make keys for it.

As Blanks are probably not available, a blank may have to be hand made, and then a key made for the lock.

Mosler has been out of business for 13 years now, and even if they were still in business probably would not have had any records of what the original key was.

There are no master keys or skeleton keys which will open the lock.   You will need to have a locksmith or safe techs help.

Sorry, I wish the news was better.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)