Antique Safes/Old safe I found

I own a store and there was a floor safe found a few months ago. Its a "titan" gary safe co, serial 3536. I obviously do not have the combo, but would love to open it and just see it.

I have read there is a 4 digit combo, of a 4321 dial turn. Would this also work for my serial number as well? I have called a safe co in town and they are going to let me know of the number of digits needed. With the age of it, they said it would have to be drilled and the dial wouldn't work anyway.

Any advise to get it open?

Amie, you could try to have the safe company check the serial number with Gary (Fireking) to see if the original combination can be found.  But most likely it has been changed, so you have to hire someone to open it.  It might be possible to manipulate it open, if you can find someone capable.  Regardless of opening method, it won't be cheap.  Try to get some sort of guarantee that it will still be usable.  Otherwise I would just leave it locked, as it is extremely unlikely to have anything of value left in it.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place