Antique Safes/Antique Safe

Question
Front
Front  

Samuel Withers plate
Samuel Withers plate  
I have a Samuel Withers & Co, West Bromwich safe with Plate and an extra plate that says The Rand Office & Shop Furnishing Co. I would like to know what is the value of this safe as I can't find any similar pictures of it.

Answer
In Britain, the safe is very common indeed (obviously without the extra "rand" plate. They can sell for 50-100 although often you have to pay to have them taken away. The fireproofing is no longer effective and the physical security is very low, so no insurable value and no collectable value - sorry.
The Rand plate would sell on ebay for 30 I imagine.

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon