Antique Safes/"mini Vault" and small safe

Question
Please let me know the approximate value of a Mosier "mini-vault"  interior dimensions approx 70H x 34W x 29D
UL Listed BP 1000 Tool Resistant TL-15 Burglary No 155853.  UL Listed BP-280 Relocking Device no A431353 (I think)  Model #1  Serial # 24370-4  Exterior and interior both are in Fair condition.  
Required 2 people to open.  One with key, one with combination.  I have both

Please let me know approx value of Knight safe.  Interior dimensions approx 44H x 24W x 22D  UL  Listed Tool Resistant TL-30 Burglary # 359255  7 Pin.  I have combination

Thank you in advance!

Answer
Mary,

While both of your safes have UL labels on them, which may help sell them, the problem is that both safes are no longer made, and both companies are out of business.   In the case of your Mosler, this company has been out of business since 2001.   Parts were proprietary and are no longer available.   This also is NOT a mini-vault regardless of its size - it is simply a large safe.   A mini-vault is a large safe WITH a vault door.   If yours has a TL-15 label then it doesn't have a vault door on it.

While the Knight safe is also obsolete, because they used items which are readily available or easy to fabricate, this safe still has some potential.

In order to answer specific questions, identify, evaluate or appraise your safe, I'm going to need photos.  They should include full exterior and interior.  Detail photos should include pictures of the dial, handles, hinges, artwork, locks, bolt work, cabinetry and any special details or damage.  Note:  You may have to remove the back panel on the door to gain access to the lock & bolt work – I will need these pics.

If you have a particular detail that you have a question about, I will need a photo of it along with your question.

I will also need to see any documentation that you have in regards to your safe including all of the labels affixed to the safes.

Please use as high a resolution as possible so that I can examine details of your safe.  Pictures which are low resolution, out of focus, or from a distance don’t help when we try to evaluate the container.  Note:  with higher resolution, you may only be able to send 2-4 pictures per email, depending on the size of the file, I have a 10mb limit per email.  If photos are larger than 2mb each, you may only be able to send 2 or 3 photos per email, requiring several emails.

Please don’t send me “cell phone” photos.   Also, please don’t use online, internet photo drops as most of these also don’t allow me to easily access the photos for examination.   Send the pics directly to me, while this may be more work for you, it will make my job easier.

Please send all of the requested photos to:  andy@securitysafeusa.com

Note:  As I am in the field several days each week, covering a huge service area, I may not get back to your photos immediately, but I will respond as soon as I get an opportunity.  Due to field work, emails may tend to get backed up which means I may not answer them immediately.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)