Antique Safes/reseting safe combination

Question
Hi,Andy,I may be wanting to have a (doors are opened) double door safe combination reset if possible. Do you know of someone in my area(34202 Bradenton florida) that is qualified as I know you dont recomend an average locksmith ? The safe is 1877 but I dont really know as the owner may just be reading a patent date or something like that.The doors are aprox. five inches thick and the size around 4feet high 3feet wide by 2 feet deep ,has the inner doors etc, owner wants 100 to 200 dollars and will load on my heavy duty trailer as part of the deal. I always wanted one of these double door safes and I plan to restore somewhat if i can find someone to reset it. I enjoy reading you expertise answers.

Answer
Andy

Glad that you are buying the safe to restore it.

Probably the nearest company that I would recommend would be:

SafeServices          about 40 miles away.
727-462-0238
2028 Gentry St. suite # 1
Clearwater, FL 33765

This company specializes in safe & vault moving, installation, repairs, opening and some restoration work.   They are not a locksmith company and only work on safes & vaults.   They have only been in business for about 15 years, but are doing a pretty good job in the Tampa Bay area.

Hope they can help you out.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)