Antique Safes/Safe in England

Question
We have a safe in a building we have bought, on the front it has the words Twelve corner bent, fire resistant safe. Then the London Safe H.G.K LTD. Can you help us find out the history of the safe please also. How would you get into it?? Best Suzanne

Answer
Suzanne,

Sorry I can't be of much service.   I specialize in American made antique safes.   There are two other safe techs on this same site  (AllExperts - Antique Safes), that are both from England and do specialize in British and European safes.

Contact Tom Gordon and/or Mike Palmer with questions concerning your safe.   They will probably need photos of it as well.

As far as the "HISTORY" of the safe, while they can give you some history of the manufacturer, there are no records of any individual safe, and/or who it might have been owned by, or what it was used for.    To get that type of info, you would have to back track the safe through previous owners to obtain the "story" of your safe.

if the safe is locked up, and you do not have the keys and/or combination, then you will need the services of a trained safe technician - preferably one that is familiar or trained in antique safes.    The majority of locksmiths and safe technicians do not have training in antique safes, and can cause excessive damage to something which may be an antique.

Tom Gordon and/or Mike Palmer should be able to advise you about having the safe opened as well.

Sorry that I couldn't help you further.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)