Antique Safes/Safe in England

We have a safe in a building we have bought, on the front it has the words Twelve corner bent, fire resistant safe. Then the London Safe H.G.K LTD. Can you help us find out the history of the safe please also. How would you get into it?? Best Suzanne

Sorry I can't be of much service.   I specialize in American made antique safes.   There are two other safe techs on this same site  (AllExperts - Antique Safes), that are both from England and do specialize in British and European safes.

Contact Tom Gordon and/or Mike Palmer with questions concerning your safe.   They will probably need photos of it as well.

As far as the "HISTORY" of the safe, while they can give you some history of the manufacturer, there are no records of any individual safe, and/or who it might have been owned by, or what it was used for.    To get that type of info, you would have to back track the safe through previous owners to obtain the "story" of your safe.

if the safe is locked up, and you do not have the keys and/or combination, then you will need the services of a trained safe technician - preferably one that is familiar or trained in antique safes.    The majority of locksmiths and safe technicians do not have training in antique safes, and can cause excessive damage to something which may be an antique.

Tom Gordon and/or Mike Palmer should be able to advise you about having the safe opened as well.

Sorry that I couldn't help you further.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada