Antique Safes/vault door

Question
calvary bible church of langford has a vault door and vault that needs to go away. its 108 years old and was in the bank we bought for our new church.4 of us are starting a new church.we don't know how to get rid of it and get a little money for our church.  thanks  Dan

Answer
Dan, most often when a bank is taken over for another purpose, the vaults are left in place.  The reason is due to the high cost of cutting it apart and removing it.  So bottom line is you will spending money, not gaining it.  Even removing the vault door without its jamb, will usually only get you scrap value for the door.  Cutting the jamb out (in one piece) is a big job in itself and best left to professionals.  Depending on the door size and type (and its jamb),it is questionable whether it is worth removing it to sell.  I have seen a few cases where the door is opened up all the way and hidden behind drywall.  Remember that the vault was built to be tough just to break into, let alone break it into pieces.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen