Antique Safes/Hall's Safe & Lock Co. safe

Question
Hall\'s Safe & Lock Co.
Hall's Safe & Lock Co.  

Hall\'s Safe & Lock Co.
Hall's Safe & Lock Co.  
My family bought a building in Chicago in 1978 and in the basement was an old Hall's Safe & Lock Co. safe. We know the combination and that it's around 3,000 lbs. I've researched the internet and made calls and some people say it's worth more restoring it, while others say its worth more not painted/restored. It stands 35 inches high, 22 inches long and a depth of 23 inches.  The inside is a lot smaller: 16 X 10 X 11. I can't find a serial number on the handle or anywhere else, seeing that it is so worn down. I was wondering how something so old would be worth because I got an estimate from the company that would relocate it for us and the price would be around $2,500, maybe less.

Answer
AJ, for the most part, antique safes are like antique cars in that restoration is the game.  Your safe is a good candidate for restoration but is not so rare that it gains anything remaining in its current condition.  The estimated weight and moving cost both seem a bit high nut then again I don't know all the particulars.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen