Antique Safes/Mosler Bahmann

Question
In several or your posts you have referenced the link http://www.glswrk-auction.com/mc05.htm

as a source of info on the Mosler Bahmann history. In this link there are 3 pictures of a double door safe in mint condition.  My question is how much woud that safe be worth.  I pose the question this way because this is a safe that you are familiar with and know its condition and history better than one that I sent pictures of.

Answer
Jason,

First rule - don't compare your safe to another and think that they have the same history, and/or condition and therefore the same value.   While I would be more than happy to evaluate your safe, I'm not going to evaluate a safe that I don't have all of the necessary photos that I require.

As far as the link, the link is referred to for informational reference to Mr. Warner who sold safes between 1870 to around 1879.  As far as my referencing this site, I actually rarely ever reference it as unfortunately this page has a lot of misinformation concerning Mosler-Bahmann & Company and the Mosler Safe company.   These were NOT the same companies at all.
They also incorrectly list that because "THEY" only know of a couple safes that have Warner's name on them, that these safes are exceedingly rare.   It was purported that Warner had sold over 60,000 safes between 1870 to 1879.   This number is more likely an "exaggeration" on someone's part as this would translate to his having sold 20 safes a day EVERY day for this 9 year period.

In order to evaluate or appraise a safe, the photos I require include full exterior and interior.  Detail photos should include pictures of the dial, handles, hinges, artwork, locks, bolt work, castors, cabinetry and any special details or damage.   As well as any items that you have a question about.

The photos on the site you mention, do NOT provide me with the necessary level of clarity to examine it in detail.

As far as "its" history, other than the current owners, the article mentions no other history.

While I'm more than happy to oblige you and look at your safe I will need photos.   I'm not sure what photos that you reference having sent to me.   As I do approximately a dozen informal evaluations every day, I can't possibly remember everyone.   Sorry.   If you have sent me previous photos, I would be more than happy to look at them again, but I'm going to need a better reference to go on.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)