Antique Safes/rebuild old Hall's safe lock?

I have Hall's safe #12367  I got it with the lock removed.  I have 3 parts to the lock.  Someone did some soldering on it.  Does anyone rebuild or 3d print a new combination lock mechanism?  I have photos. The safe is on wheels.  It is 38 1/2" tall  x  21 1/2" deep  x  26" across front.
I would be happy to send the lock parts that I have.
Thank you, it would be so great to have the lock working. Janis

Sorry, but there are no manufacturers of "new", old locks, and there is also no "after market makers" for replacement locks - there simply isn't a market for these items.   The cost to make a couple old locks each year would push them into the thousands of dollars.    Similarly there are no "blue print" drawings available and "3D Printing" is still so new that you would still be looking at thousands of dollars to create a single lock.    Unless you are simply filthy rich and looking to "help" someone's "economy", you aren't going to find what you are looking for.

Realistically - back down here on earth - the ONLY parts available, are old parts, salvaged off of damaged safes.   The problem is that safe companies do not salvage these parts "for sale", they save them for "THEIR" use, when servicing an old safe.

What this means is that to find a replacement lock, you have to actually know what you have, so that you can look for "THAT" item.    Safe companies are not going to scour their old parts bins looking for some small item for your safe - and if they do, you can be guaranteed that they are going to charge you some big bucks ($$$$'s) for their trouble and for the rare item.   In general, you could easily be looking at from $350 to $750 for a replacement lock, if you can find one.

They are also NOT going to part out a lock to get yours working - you will be buying a replacement lock as a complete item, in as is condition, with no warranty.    If it doesn't work afterwards there are no "do overs"!

Rather than trying to make this a DIY project, I would recommend that you have a competent, trained safe technician inspect your safe and lock to see what it would take to get it operational.   In some cases, it may simply be fabricating a new part or repairing one that is partially damaged.    In some cases, it may require a lock replacement - at that time you would be back to square one - finding the replacement, except that by now, you should know exactly what lock you are dealing with (make, model, type, etc.) so that you can check with various safe companies to see if they might have one.

If you don't have a local safe company to contact, to have their safe tech check your lock out, then you can send the "COMPLETE" lock to me to look at.    Sending me the parts that YOU think need repair, won't solve the problem - I would need the whole lock.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada