Antique Safes/Restoration

Question
I'm looking for a really good safe restorer in Indiana or near Indiana

Answer
Isaac,

There aren't a lot of professional safe restorers.   Generally most of them do restoration work on their safes, and then sell them.   Only a few will take on a client's safe for several reasons.

First being - when they sell "their safe", it is sold as is - you either like it or not.

Second and more importantly - very rarely is there an actual meeting of the minds on WHAT the restoration job will look like.    While it may be discussed several times, the owner still has an idea  of what they are expecting, and the restoration artist has an idea of what they are going to do.    Many times when the final project is unveiled the two aren't the same.

I would recommend that you have some art work presented before the safe is done that "YOU" can sign off on, so that you know exactly what you expect to receive.

I don't know of any restoration artists in Indiana, but you can contact Matt Lamborn to see if he would be interested, he is in Ohio.

gosigns@neo.rr.com
419-606-3168
Matt's Antique Safe Restoration
Ashland, OH

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)