Antique Safes/Victor safe - to open

Question
Safe
Safe  
Hi
I recently acquired a Victor safe in a house I have purchased. I am unable to open it.  The vertical handle has been broken off. The serial number of the safe is 69908. Its dimesnsions are 44cm (wide) x 52 cm (deep) X 68 cm (high). The safe is on wheels.
I would like to know if there is anyone in Johannesburg, South Africa who has expertise in opening safes like these.
Is there any value to this safe?
Please see pictures attached.
Thanks
Glenda

Answer
Glenda,

While the short answer is there is value in everything, how much always depends on the condition, AND where you are located.    As I have never been to Johannesburg, I have no idea if people are interested in collectible items, and/or what they consider collectible.

As far as value, I would recommend your checking with local antique dealers to see what they would offer a similar item for, to give you an idea of what it would be worth.

As for opening the safe, I am unaware of any safe technicians in the Johannesburg area.   The best I can offer is one of the safe manufacturers that has an office there.    They may possibly have someone on staff, or they may know of someone who can help you.

Mutual Safe & Security Group (Safe Manufacturer
Website:     http://www.mutual.co.za/index.php?page=contact

Johannesburg office
Unit 4A, The Stables Business Park
13 3rd Road
Linbro Park
2065

Phone:   (011) 608-4813 / 14
Email:   jhb@mutual.co.za

I hope this helps you.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)