Antique Safes/Drop safe

Question
Good morning, I have a wico corporation drop safe.  Model number 5431  made in Niels illinois  it has a roller type top where you put items in and then turn it to drop items into the safe.  I have a key that opens it.  Wanted to try to find the value/price of this safe.  Keep going back and forth on whether to try to sell it.  So far I have not been able to find any information on this safe.  Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you in advance.
Debi

Answer
Hi Debi,

I too have a "Wico Corp. depository safe, sn 2045.   While they are unique, they are not collectible, and have little resale value.   This company pretty much just made vending and coin operated machines.   The depository safes was a very small portion of their business, so customers would have a place to store coins and cash.    The safes were only made for a few years during the 1970's or early 1980's.

While they do meet current "basic" standards for burglary resistance, there are no parts available, and are considered obsolete.    Even if new locks were installed, it is still considered an obsolete container.

Value:

If I was going to sell mine, I would probably have a price tag of around $400 to $500.    Similar "CURRENT" model safes would go for around $800 to $1000.   Chances are it wouldn't sell very quickly, but then again, I don't have my safes for "sale" purposes!   If you need to sell it or want to get rid of it, then be prepared (flexible) to lower the price tag.

Hope this helps,  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)