Antique Safes/Hopine to date antique safe

I have an old safe its size is 45" high including wheels 31 1/2" wide and 30 1/2" deep. It appears to read Mosler on door face it has number#5436 on door handle. It says Sargent and Greenleaf Rochester NY on the dial. It has an inside door that uses a key and inside has a cashbox which also has a key. Any help is much appreciated.

Bruce, Mosler Bahmann used Sargent & Greenleaf locks prior to using Yale locks.  There was a splinter company started by Mosler's sons who also used Yale locks.  But these particular Yale locks were patented in the 1880's and splinter company started in the 1870's.  So lets see a close up of the dial, and full frontal picture of the door and I will try to to determine what you have.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place