Antique Safes/old safe

Want to see if it has any value will send pick

John, I have been informed that sometimes my estimates of value do not always correspond to actual market value.  To make things clear, I am not a collector nor do I follow Ebay, therefore I am not an expert on values.  My interest and participation on this forum has more to do with the technical aspects on the subject of "antique safes".  With that preface, I think you have something interesting.  The combination of the door knob style handle and a dial lock is rarely seen, at least from my perspective.  The door knob style handle was widely used in the early years of U.S. safemaking and would normally be seen with a keylock.  That being the case and assuming the dial lock is original, the dial lock would be a fairly early model.  Can you post a clear close up of the dial and full frontal picture of the door?  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place