Antique Safes/safe

Question
i have a herring hall marvin safe no combo#y24453 spec b1 is  it possible  to get combo

Answer
Doug,

Yes, but your options are limited.   Serial number listings as well as original combinations were NEVER published by manufacturers for obvious security and liability reasons.   As HHM as been out of business since 1959 (acquired by Diebold), contacting them is a little difficult.

The serial number that you provided is NOT for the safe, it is for the Safe Manufacturers National Association "label" on the safe.   This label describes the "standard" that the safe was built to.   In this case the "specification B1" indicates that the safe is a Burglary Resistive Chest.

This means that your choices include testing all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations for the lock, or having a safe technician open it and recover or reset the combination.

Note:   I never recommend using locksmiths for safe work, you would need a trained safe technician from a local safe company.   Generally locksmiths do not have the training, knowledge or tools to work on safes without causing excessive damage or charging exhorbant fees.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I know in your area.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)