Antique Safes/yale made for w meilink co.wallsafe

what can u tell me about ksc 1057 i cant find any references to the number on this popriveted tag can the safes history be tracked down by original purchaser? curios tell us what you can Thanks

I have no idea what the number you are referencing goes to.   I would need to see a photo of what ever you are trying to reference to try to figure out what it relates to.

Many of the "plates" which were riveted onto the safes were references to UL or SMNA ratings or tests, and don't have anything to do with the actual safe, other than the reference to its rating.

As far as tracking down an "individual" safes history - no there are no records - ANYWHERE!   If records were kept of purchases by owners, etc. etc. etc., this could be a very serious security and liability problem for not only a manufacturer but for any sales agent.   If "ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER" was robbed, and it could even be slightly referenced that the manufacturer or sales agent, had information as to where the safe was stored, as well as any information about the safe, it could easily be the end of that company.

while manufacturers keep very BASIC info concerning the safes original construction, listed by serial number, for warranty services - they have no idea of what distributor the safe was delivered to, nor do they have access to any listing of customers.    While Distributors may have a sales reference of the safe that was sold, they generally do not have the construction information that the factory would have.

Generally if you are trying to track down previous owners, you would have to start with the person that YOU obtained the safe from, to find out who they obtained the safe from, and so on, and so on.   Obviously if there is a death in the family or ownership line - that may be as far as your "trail" would proceed.

Sorry, but safes are NOT like cars.   There is no registration process that keeps the history of the car from the date of its first sale, until it goes to the scrap yard.

Send me a photo of the tag in question, and I'll see what I can tell you about it.   Send it to me at:

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada