Antique Safes/yale made for w meilink co.wallsafe

Question
what can u tell me about ksc 1057 i cant find any references to the number on this popriveted tag can the safes history be tracked down by original purchaser? curios tell us what you can Thanks

Answer
Frank,

I have no idea what the number you are referencing goes to.   I would need to see a photo of what ever you are trying to reference to try to figure out what it relates to.

Many of the "plates" which were riveted onto the safes were references to UL or SMNA ratings or tests, and don't have anything to do with the actual safe, other than the reference to its rating.

As far as tracking down an "individual" safes history - no there are no records - ANYWHERE!   If records were kept of purchases by owners, etc. etc. etc., this could be a very serious security and liability problem for not only a manufacturer but for any sales agent.   If "ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER" was robbed, and it could even be slightly referenced that the manufacturer or sales agent, had information as to where the safe was stored, as well as any information about the safe, it could easily be the end of that company.

while manufacturers keep very BASIC info concerning the safes original construction, listed by serial number, for warranty services - they have no idea of what distributor the safe was delivered to, nor do they have access to any listing of customers.    While Distributors may have a sales reference of the safe that was sold, they generally do not have the construction information that the factory would have.

Generally if you are trying to track down previous owners, you would have to start with the person that YOU obtained the safe from, to find out who they obtained the safe from, and so on, and so on.   Obviously if there is a death in the family or ownership line - that may be as far as your "trail" would proceed.

Sorry, but safes are NOT like cars.   There is no registration process that keeps the history of the car from the date of its first sale, until it goes to the scrap yard.

Send me a photo of the tag in question, and I'll see what I can tell you about it.   Send it to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)