Antique Safes/Antique safe

Question
Safe
Safe  
Safe
Safe  
QUESTION: Are you familiar with the safe in the photo, weight, quality
5ftx2ftx41"

ANSWER: Adam, while I suppose I should be able to tell the make from just this inside picture but I am not that good.  Post a clear pic of the outside and another one showing the dial and handle.  The picture of the Federal Lab add-on is a teargas bomb.  The outside that you see is shielded but the inside is exposed glass tubes.  I have removed many of these and I know some other techs who have no problem removing them.  Considered booby trapping, they have been illegal in Ohio since the Thirties but that didn't stop many jewelers from using them. You could call the bomb squad or a Hazmat team if you want to.  Doug

Safe
Safe  

Safe
Safe  
QUESTION: I was told this one is from the 1920's , but I bought it and its in another state. I've only seen pictures of it, could you give me your best guess of what it weighs?
I didn't know they had tear gas in them, are they ok to transport
I hope these pics help they're the best I have for close ups

Answer
Well it is a Diebold and a ballpark weight would be 3,000 lbs., but when moving, base everything on it weighing 4,000 as a safety factor.  Underestimating weight can be deadly.  I think you should remove the teargas after the safe is moved outside but prior to being trucked.  Contact a big safe company and see if they will do it for you.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen