Antique Safes/herring hall marvin safe

Question
thank you for your prompt response to my first question. is there any diagrams that show where the door locking pins are and what the locking mechanism looks like inside? are there actual tumblers?  last question are the walls filled with concrete or just steel? thank you again

Answer
Tim,

While there are some drawings and photographs in the industry, these are NOT available to anyone.   You have to be a licensed/registered locksmith or safe technician, AND a member of the association or organization that might have these items available.   Many safe men have their own private libraries, but again these items are NOT made available.

As HHM manufactured 100's of thousands of different types of safes, the first thing that any safe technician would have to do is to identify exactly WHAT you have to get the applicable information that they need to open your safe.   

As far as "Tumblers", no, combination locks use wheels, each wheel has a different reference number associated with it, when the combination is dialed correctly, the lock would engage the wheels and open.

The material in the walls WILL depend on what type of safe you actually have.   Fire resistive safes use insulation material to keep heat out.   This material will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and model to model.   Materials may consist of gypsum, plaster of Paris and even concrete.  Burglary resistive safes have stronger materials which can consist of different layers of steel with varying levels of hardness, drill resistive barriers and even glass and ceramics.   These safes are designed to protect against many different types of tool attacks and from allowing unauthorized people to gain access.

Sorry if the answers seem slightly vague, but they are for two reasons, #1 under no circumstances do we provide any information on this site, for opening safes, other than the proper dialing sequence.   This is for obvious security and liability reasons.   We have no idea who you are, or what your intentions are towards the safe.   This site is also a general forum open to anyone, so even if YOU do not have "illegal" intentions, someone else reading it might.
#2 reason - As mentioned we haven't been able to even identify what type of safe you might have, other than it was made by HHM.

Hope you understand why we can't give out information about opening safes.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)