Antique Safes/john tanns reliance safe

Question
We have an old safe on one door 8.1.21 it has 2 doors 685mm wide 1015mm long 660mm high the logo on each door john tanns reliance safe  it was my grand fathers safe.

Answer
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your question.  John Tann was the world's first safe maker and all their models carried the John Tann Reliance label.  So you can imagine, over hundreds of years they have produced hundreds of different models.  Unfortunately the dimensions are of little help and I would need a couple of pictures to tell you anything about the safe.  One should show the entire front of the safe with the door shut.  The other should show the door open, revealing the door thickness and the bolt-work.  If it is easier, you can send pictures to me a info@mikepalmerconsultancy.co.uk

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer