Antique Safes/Old Herring Hall Marvin pop-up safe

Question
IMG_1273 safe with insert label.JPG
IMG_1273 safe with ins  
Hi Terry.  We found your site and profile online and wish to find out anything you care to share about my dad's safe.  It is opened by a key and the inside lifts up.  I can read the print on the labels but don't know the age or where to find out more about it.  Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. Joyfully, Sue.

Answer
Hi Susan,

unfortunately, even though this was made by a "safe company", it is ONLY a fire resistive type filing cabinet.    While it is "unique" in design, it is not considered collectible, and isn't antique.   These items were produced by a number of different companies from the 1940's through the 1960's.    These are simply considered "office equipment".

You would have to discuss this item with someone who specializes in older office equipment to find out if it has any value.    I only deal with antique safes.

Sorry, I wish the news was better.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)