Antique Safes/old safe

Question
safe
safe  

safe
safe  
Can you tell me the history of the paint and markings on this safe and tell me how to fix the dial.

Answer
Rob,

If you want the "basic" history of the "Herring Safe Company", then I would be happy to see what I can offer.   If you are looking for the history of the "Working Women's Protective Union", then you are going to have to do your own research.   Generally speaking, safe companies usually only painted the name of the first owner of a safe, on to it.

As far as "fixing" the dial, you will have to give me some more info.   The photos you provided, don't offer me any information as to the problem or amount of damage.

Also, you didn't indicate what machine shop capabilities you have.

Without knowing the actual or extent of the damage or problems, I have no way of pointing you in the right direction.

I will need close ups of the damaged area, along with any item that you have a question about.   Make sure that the photos are close ups of the damage area, are clear enough, AND have enough resolution to allow me to zoom in, to examine details.

You can send the photos to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com

When I see the photos, I'll try to help you.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)