Antique Safes/ANY THING YOU CAN TELL ME ABOUT THIS SAFE

Question
I GIVEN AN OLD SAFE THAT WAS IN A BUILDING WE WERE TEARING DOWN. DO NOT HAVE A COMBINATION. IT'S TAG SAYS BURGER MANUFACTURING COMPANY
CANTON OHIO. SER.965 UL INSULATED 17749. IT HAS A SARGENT/GREENLEAF LOCK. BEST AND LEAST EXPENSIVE WAY TO GET IT OPEN AND REPLACE THE LOCK.

Answer
Michael,

I have no information concerning this company.   the only manufacturer I'm aware of from Canton, OH, was Diebold.

I would need to see what you actually have to try to ID it for you.   You can send photos of the safe to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com

As far as opening the safe, you will need a safe technician from a local safe company.   Generally the safe should be able to be opened without destroying it, or the lock, so replacement may not be necessary.

I believe you are in North Carolina, so I would recommend you give Ray Talton at Talton Safes in Raleigh, a call to have your safe opened.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)