Antique Safes/antique mosler vault door lock

Question
mosler safe lock
mosler safe lock  
I am trying to find out how to operate this lock. It has 2 much smaller wheels on the back plate that don't have numbers on them and are not resettable along with 2 larger wheels which can be set to combination numbers.

Answer
Steve, you have in effect a 2 wheel lock as the 2 smaller wheels have been stripped of their outer sections. This is done for various reasons and you can most likely find replacements.  You always work backwards from the direction of the last turn to retract the bolt.  So in your case 3 times to first number, reversing twice to the second number and then reversing again to retract the bolt.  Your first direction will be the same as the direction that retracts the bolt. Depending on the age of the lock, it may actually be made Yale.   Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen