Antique Safes/Large two door chubb safe. Identification.

Question
Pulled out a large old safe from a distribution centre demolition job.
It's about five foot high by three wide. Double door, two twist handles, key entry, Victoria street address plaques. Has the two tone browns that Chubb safes of this era seem to have.
We intend to open it eventually but it's just in storage at present as it's not a priority.

Just wondering if there is any way to identify what it is or if there is even a market for this outdated lump.
Cheers

Answer
Hello Thomas,

Chubb began making safes in the mid 1800s and there have been many different models over the years, so I would need to see a couple of pictures to be able to identify its date of manufacture and possibly the model.  The only think I can say with any certainly is that it was made before the Second World War as their premises at 28 Queen Victoria Street were totally destroyed by fire following an air raid in 1941.

If it is easier, you could send pictures directly to me at info@mikepalmerconsultancy.co.uk

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer