Antique Safes/Antique Syracuse Safe Co "Railroad Safe"?

Question
Outside
Outside  

Inside
Inside  
Hi Doug

I'm hoping you can help to identify a safe. It's been recently painted black so I don't have any identifying marks on the outside of the safe. However, the inside was not painted over and is a pretty typical green color for that period. Assuming late 19th century.

Answer
Andrew, virtually any safe could have been used as a railroad safe.  And it would not necessarily been marked as such.  But if you remove the more recent paint carefully you will expose the original paint that may support your hope in determining if that safe was, in fact, used by a railroad.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen