Antique Safes/changing safe combination

Hi, I have an older 1945 Mosler Floor Safe and was wondering if there is a way I can change the combination? It is a Class T-20 safe, No. 287461. Thanks very much for any info you may have.    Rick

Rick, if it is key change, you would need the key to do so.  Some are very difficult to find.  If it is hand change, that is a more involved process and not recommended.  It is very easy for a novice to end up with a locked up safe.  If you are really determined study the lock until you understand exactly how it works, before making any attempt at changing the numbers.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place