Antique Safes/changing safe combination

Question
QUESTION: Hi again. Sorry, I typed my email address in wrong Twice! on the previous question. It has been corrected on this one.... Sorry..

Hi, I have an older 1945 Mosler Floor Safe and was wondering if there is a way I can change the combination? It is a Class T-20 safe, No. 287461. Thanks very much for any info you may have.    Rick

ANSWER:  Rick, no emails get posted on the forum.  I guess they get magically deleted.  Doug

safe-00.jpg
safe-00.jpg  
safe-03.jpg
safe-03.jpg  
QUESTION: Hi Doug. My question was:
I have an older 1945 Mosler Floor Safe and was wondering if there is a way I can change the combination? It is a Class T-20 safe, No. 287461. Thanks very much for any info you may have.    Rick

ANSWER: I guess you didn't see my response to your first post.  I see now that it is a hand change lock.  These locks are not complex but they are also not easily understood.  I know of locksmiths that get into trouble when dealing with hand change locks because they have not taken the time to really study the lock.  Does that answer your question?  Doug  

QUESTION: Hi and thanks again for your time Doug. I must not be wording my question right. I was just wondering if there is a way I can change the combination on my safe?   Thanks,    rick

Answer
Can the combination be changed?  Yes, by someone qualified to do so.  The cost is typically around $100 bucks.   If you meant, can you do it yourself, I think I was pretty clear in that regard.  Are we straight now?  Doug    PS          PS  Rick I wasn't being sarcastic in my answer to you but I am getting annoyed now.  If you look at "Changing Combination of 10-27 I answered your question as good as possible given the limited info you provided.  Then again on 10-28 if you scroll down aways you will find more response to your question.  I guess Andy is on vacation.  I hope he gets back soon.  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen