Antique Safes/Hall's floor safe follow up questions

identification tags
identification tags  
front view
front view  
QUESTION: Sadly I didn't realize you could upload images directly onto this forum so disregard the last few.messages. sorry if it became confusing

ANSWER: Erich, now I know what you have, what is it you wanted to know?  The safe is actually a Diebold from the 1960's-70's.  Doug

QUESTION: That's great, do glad you know what it is.
I will be trying to sell it, do ill need all the basic info I can get.
Make, model, price range, and just more specifics as to what exactly it is, any information a potential buyer would want to know, and so I can compare with others like it. If I knew the make and model I could research myself as well.
Thank you so much!

The SMNA class C is 1 hour fire rating at 1700 or 1750 deg. F.  That is good for a home or small business building, considerably better than the majority of gun safes sold today.  Not a high degree of burglar protection but good enough in most home burglary situations.  It looks like it is real nice shape but don't expect to find people banging down the door unless you price it at around $400-500.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place